Saturday, 9 March 2013

Skincare regime for early 20s

Hi everyone!!
I am 22 years old so I am having the best phase of my life skin wise. I mean my acne has all gone and my skin is clear and soft. I just love my skin as I don't have to do anything for it. But a few days back I realized that I cannot be so casual about my skin if I want my skin to remain this way for a long time to come. So I searched a lot and worked out the perfect skin care regime for girls who are in their early 20s... Here is what all of you should be doing:

1. Cleanser: Always use a good cleanser. Prefer a cleanser which is free of SLS. SLS causes many problems including cancer. So avoiding it  is good for your skin in the long run. Here are a few SLS free cleansers you can choose from:
  • Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser
  • L'occitane Immortelle Nettoyant Bulle de Lumière
  • Patanjali Facewash
  • Kama Ayurveda cleanser


Facial cleanser/ facewash
Facewash/ Cleanser



2. Toner: You should use a toner if your skin is oily. Those with dry skin can afford to skip it. Toner would help tighten the pores. Also it would remove any cleanser left after face wash. Here also you need to make sure it is alcohol free. A toner with alcohol content can rip off all the moisture from your face. A few alcohol-free toners are:
  • The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner
  • Himalaya Herbals Toner
  • Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner
  • Fabindia Tea Tree Toner

Toner
Toner

3. Moisturizer: I have oily skin so I often skip this step. But it is strongly recommended to moisturize your face after every wash. You can choose it according to your skin type.  You should keep one thing in mind. Always apply it before the toner completely dries up as that would help in sealing the moisture better.
A few of the moisturizers for oily skin are:
  • Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizer 
  • L’Oreal Pure Zone Anti-Regreasing Moisturiser
  • Lacto Calamine Classic
  • Fab India Vitamin E Skin Hydrating Cream 
    I am currently using Lacto Calamine and  I am  happy with it.
moisturizer
Moisturizer

4. Sunscreen: This is a must step before stepping out. Always use a sunscreen 20 minutes before going out in the sun. It takes time for the sunscreen to get absorbed in the skin. It should be both UVA and UVB protecting. This even helps protect from the signs of ageing. A few sunblocks with UVA and UVB protection are:
  • Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Face Protector SPF 40
  • Clinique City Block Sheer Face Protector SPF 25
  • Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Extreme Sun Block cream  SPF 60
  • Shahnaz Husain Nano Sun Block SPF 25

Sunscreen
Sunscreen

5. Exfoliator: Once or twice a week use an exfoliator to remove the dead skin. An exfoliator should always be followed by a face mask. Also do not go out jus after exfoliating. I prefer using it at night to avoid any compication. A few of them are:
  • Toni&Guy Fresh Face Scrub
  • Neutrogena Deep Clean™ Gentle Scrub
  • Himalaya Clear Complexion Whitening Face Scrub
  • VLCC  Indian Berberry Face Scrub
Facial scrub
Facial Scrub


6. Always always remove the makeup at night. Makeup left overnight is very harmful for the skin.
7. Sleep on your back to avoid early wrinkles. It sounds weird but it matters!
8. Drink lots and lots of water. It is the best medicine for you skin... :) It would keep you hydrated.
9. Vitamin C intake is again great for you skin. It is there in kiwi, strawberry, lemon, orange etc.

Let me know if you want a similar article for any other age group. I would love to write it!
Also you can like my page and stay in touch here.

6 comments:

Hello...
Thanks for dropping by my blog...Would love to hear from you... Also would love to follow each other... just drop your blog link... <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...